Pages

Tuesday 27 January 2015

Agatha and Udim's Love story blooms in the snow..............#AgathaandUdim2015

Funmi Shittu: How did you meet Agatha?

Udim’s Tale: 
  
I met Agatha Peters, my all, on an interesting day in July, 2009. I was trying to get some much needed sleep in the morning when a good friend of my mom called me up and asked for a favor. She wanted me to drive her to the airport to pick up her friends. I wasn't in the mood of doing anything of that sort, and I told her that I was really tired and can't make it. Hence, I ended the call and went back to bed assuming the matter was over, before I knew it I heard her car pull up my drive way and she entered my home requesting I go with her to the airport.

I reluctantly gave in, and decided to go. I was really grumpy and just wanted the drive to be over and done with. When we got to the airport, as I was waiting in the car at the entrance for her friends to exit the airport. Then I noticed this girl walking towards my car. She looked really gorgeous and beautiful. In my mind, I was expecting some older ladies, but instead I saw a pretty young lady, and a friend of hers. She came into the car and I was faced with this hard task of trying to smile after being grumpy for so long. She was gorgeous and I couldn't keep my eyes off the rear-view mirror sometimes to catch a glimpse of Agatha, and to see if our eyes could connect. My mom's friend had a side conversation with me to find out if I could show Agatha around the town during her stay and I happily agreed.

I was a little let down when I found out that she was in Houston for the Nigerian reunion, because I was not interested in attending that event. I took Agatha to the mall to get some clothes for the reunion, and she tried on a red dress, and she asked my opinion of it. It looked sexy on her. I tried hard not to look too interested and decided to say "it looks ok". I later hung out with some friends that night, but I was really distracted, I was thinking of Agatha. All I could think of was how beautiful she is and how guys would try to talk to her at the reunion. I was excited when she sent a text that night to pick her up. Surprisingly, she left the next day because she came for a short trip. She gave me a quick hug before walking into the airport. As I watched her leave, a lot of things came to my mind. I did not believe that the entire time Agatha would be in Houston, I did not make more of an attempt to talk to her. I felt I would never see her again, and I really wanted her to be in my life. I rushed into the car, took out my phone, and text her, letting her know I was glad I met her, and decided to let her know what I really thought about that red dress. We started our relationship soon after, and here we are, and I could not be happier. She is my lady, and the one for me. 


Funmi Shittu: How was the journey like for you Agatha?

Udim was still in college when we first met, he graduated a year after and had a difficult time finding a job that was related to his degree. I was working and going to school. Udim moved to Portland to be with me and I felt like the luckiest woman on earth. Things became even more difficult, and we struggled to make things work. We were young, and Udim and I were not established financially enough to support each other. I was working and in college trying to complete my bachelors and Udim was trying to make ends meet. Despite people telling me to quit the relationship, I knew I didn't want to give up on Udim. I could not leave the man I loved based on our financial situation, a situation he couldn't control. We struggled together for four years we got help from our parents and I kept believing that no situation is permanent. It wasn't easy, after much hard work, Udim got his dream job, and I got into my graduate program. Udim told me I didn't have to struggle any more, he told me to focus on school, and we started planning our wedding. 

Tell me more about the engagement:

Udim did not do a big engagement for me, but it was one I will always remember. He was on both knees on our living room, I swear I could hear his heart beating, and tears rolling down his eyes. I remembered thinking “it took you long enough.

I will be graduating in June 13th, 2015 and my wedding will be on August 1st, 2015. This has been my dream all along. All I ever dreamt of was a man that treats me right, loves me unconditionally, respects me, is honest, someone who stands by me, and together we make each other better. I never gave up on him, and Udim has never given up on me. I guess my story is that there isn't any easy relationship. I have learned never to give up on love. It takes work effort and commitment, both individuals have to want it bad enough for it to work.

Tell me about the engagement pictures

You may think what inspired to such a different concept for my engagement pictures? I have always loved the snow since I came to the United States eleven years ago. I have also wanted a snow wedding, and since I wasn't able to have one, I settled for snow engagement pictures. We were worried about the safety of people driving in the snow and people having to freeze out in the cold especially our Nigerians.

Udim and I had so much fun doing this engagement shoot, it took over two hours. I had a vision and the photographer brought it to life



3 comments:

  1. This was beautiful to read ... Best wishes to the couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So inspiring. I wish you both God's best. Happy Married Life In Advance.

    ReplyDelete