Pages

Tuesday 9 December 2014

Celeb Hub - Exclusive Interview with Walter Anga #Nollywood

I am a huge fan of Nollywood, I have watched Nollywood movies from the days of ‘Living in Bondage’, ‘Check Mate’ and ‘Nneka the pretty Serpent.’ I must say Nollywood has evolved and I am very proud of the old, new actors and actresses and of cause the entire crew that makes Nollwood what it is today. 

Lately I have been watching this young man, who has been dominating the Nollywood TV screen in the UK and hence I decided to interview him because he is becoming very good at his craft, talented and also very inspiring.

Funmi Shittu: So nice to catch up with you Walter, I have been watching your movies lately and I must say your face is becoming more popular on screen. How does it feel that something that was once a dream is now becoming a reality each day? You are literally living your dream!

How did it all happen and how did you get into acting in Nollywood?

Walter Anga: I participated in a in-house productions and acting in a number of plays and stage adaptations as a consequence. This way I sharpened my acting skills and eventually emerged as an acting major in my school days at the University of Port Harcourt. All of these served to prepare me for an active life in the glare of the public eye, just as I toughened for the drudgeries and tempestuousness of a career in film making 

At the end of my university days. I ventured into the world of movie making. And after a few tries, I got my first break in front of a movie camera in 2003 with a role in the blockbuster hit, LABISTA. Since then, I have gone on to feature in over 100 movies garnering massive experience and gaining more than a decent dose of exposure in the courtesy of many tours round the country. And just like fine wine, I have improved with age 

Funmi Shittu: Wow obviously truth be told clearly you must have lost count in the amount of movies you have featured, but which has been your favourite character so far?
 
Walter Anger: My favourite movie so far was playing Prince Munachi in the movie titled (Throne of glory). It was a challenging movie and I played alongside a legend, ‘Kenneth Okonkwo’.

 Funmi Shittu: Did you learn how to act by studying theatre act or it’s just a gift that was mastered upon?

Walter Anger: Not necessarily because I studied it, I think every human has it inside of him, and it starts coming out when you concentrate on your inner creativity. Also with consistency you become perfect.

 Funmi Shittu: How do you handle the fame and what is the hardest part of being a celebrity?

Walter Anger: The hardest part of being a celebrity in the African contest is making your family understand the nature of your job, I say so because you are always absent from all family functions. However, when it comes to the aspect of the fans, I handle it real good 

Funmi Shittu: I can imagine not being there all the time,  with that said knowing that you are a father, an actor and of cause being in the lime light. How do manage to wear all that hat in one goal?

Walter Anger: My wife Esther Walter Anga, is the best thing that ever happened in my life. She is the most understanding woman I ever wished for. For my kids I give them all my attention once am home after every location, Also, I try to get close to them and fill in the missing gap. My children Tyrese and Troy are the best gifts from God.

Funmi Shittu: What project are you currently working on at the moment?

Walter Anga: Currently, I am in the eastern part of Nigeria working on a project with Apex Global Movies.

Funmi Shittu: Do you have a favourite actress and actor?

Walter Anga: Sam Dede, Brad Pitt and Mercy Johnson.

Funmi Shittu: Mercy Johnson is also one of my favourites too. Looking at Nollywood, it is a place where everyone seeks to excel, what is your advice for new actors and how to be successful in this tasking industry?


Walter Anger: Please keep your heads up and never give up on your struggles. Don't get discouraged by anyone always tell yourself "I can do this" If you are not willing to learn, No one can help you. If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you.

Funmi Shittu: So true!! Thank you for hanging out with me on the hub and hope to chat to you again.

Walter Anger: Thank you for having me and it is a pleasure.


Follow Walter Anga
Instagram @Walteranga
Facebook Page Walter Anga

2 comments: