Pages

Saturday 13 December 2014

Wedding Bells! My Love Story! By Bassey

As a little girl, I remember always wishing I would find love when I was 23years old and get married, have my two beautiful, adorable kids and top it up with a great career. Then live happily ever after! Hmmmm! But life or should I say God always has the last say in our lives, which can come with some setbacks of heartbreak, loss and shattered dreams!

As I grew older, I began to realise that life was not as I anticipated and I had to go through a path to get to my destiny. 

There I was at 23years old and like a flash, I was walking up my career ladder but couldn't find the right man to call my own and then reality struck even harder in 2011, my beautiful life that I had with my beautiful family was totally shattered when I lost my mother in an untimely manner.

She was my best friend, my closest confidant and everyone who knows me knew how close I was with my mum. She left so unexpectedly and was also a very young woman. My whole world fell apart and at that time I was in a serious relationship then but like I said earlier everything fell apart.

As I went through the heartbreak of losing my best friend/mother, it took three of my close friends, my younger sister and a mentor to put my head straight and that was when I finally saw the healing power of God and allowed God to heal me completely. As I was picking up
the pieces of my life, that was when ‘Mark’ showed up. Of cause as the devil wanted me confused and to continue being disappointed about life and couldn't see what God had placed before me to restore my broken heart and give me beauty for ashes. Mark showed me great love, joy and happiness and God used my friends to open my eyes that Mr Right was in front of me even though I totally ignored him (Mark).

So fast forward to 2 years and 10 months later, we are finally walking down the aisle and committing our love and union to God.

He is my friend, my confidant, lover and my protector. I have seen love through him like God described what love is in the bible. I don't think I could have chosen to spend the rest of my life with anybody else. 

I want to tell you that no matter what you’ve lost and what was stolen from you, it was never meant to be. God is so huge and He allows everything to happen for a specific reason and His timing is always on point! When I look back at the loss of my mother and how I met Mark, God knew I needed a protector, His own son and a man He has chosen to love me without a fault.



Even though my journey hasn't been smooth and that of a Cinderella story but I can boldly say in God’s grace His purpose and will for me has come to pass.




















As much as my mum won’t be here to spend this special day with us, I know she will be so happy with the man I am choosing to spend the rest of my life with.

                


Love Always,


B











Instagram @basseygal

Photo credits @paulukonu

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow..........I didn't want the story to end. OH bassey my God bless and protect your home. such a great testimony. God bless your marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful story, so encouraging. thank you for sharing your story. I dont know what it means to loose a dear one, talk-less of your mother. Wow. may your marriage be so blessed. what a great testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww Pure inspiration. Many blessings Basset. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best. beautiful couple. God bless you both.....ferdi from italy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He makes u laugh. Obviously. I think that's a pointer. God bless u guys. Always. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankful to God for d journey so far...and may God almighty continue to put a smile on ur faces and bless ur union...Amen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy married life Bassey. May your mother's soul continue to rest in peace. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Married life may almighty God continue to bless & guard u thru.

    ReplyDelete
  9. God bless your union @Mark we your day one friends are so proud of you....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy married life MmaBa.. May your marriage to your love always give you reasons to smile

    ReplyDelete