Pages

Monday 1 December 2014

Introducing 'Puksies Wardrobe' by Isoken Asemota



Isoken is fashionable, young, beautiful and a make-up artist. Today I get to chat to her about her fashion brand ‘Puksies Wardrobe’.

Funmi Shittu: Thank you for taking out time to chat with me about Puksies Wardrobe, I love your designs, please can you tell me more about Puksies?






Isoken (PW): Puksies wardrobe is a brand that provides trendy African inspired pieces that will add funk, class and a sense of regality to any young fashionista’s wardrobe. It is located in Maryland, USA, the brand caters to many females around the world looking to stand out at their next event or to embrace the African culture. Since 2014, the brand has focused on selling Nigerian Fashion with a contemporary twist, while maintaining its attention to vibrant and sensual Fabrics such as silk, chiffon, and Ankara.

Funmi Shittu: Are you the main stylist for Puksies or do you have other people working with you?

Isoken (PW): I am currently the main stylist for Puksieswardrobe, but currently working on bringing some new designers and stylist on board for 2015 to help make the brand more diverse.


Funmi Shittu: How long have Puksies Wardrobe been in existence? And how did you get started with Puksies?


 Isoken (PW): Puksies wardrobe came into existence in 2011, and started off as a blog on Facebook where I shared various fashion and beauty related post about myself. It developed into the brand that it is today in 2014 when I decided to expand it into a platform where ladies all over the world could buy Nigerian attires, because I always got a lot of questions about my outfits when I posted them on my various social media pages.

Funmi Shittu: Who do you look up to for fashion trends influences and where do you get your inspiration from?

Isoken (PW): For Fashion trends and inspiration, I follow blogs and people like Bellanaija, penie-enchill, Styleismything, Asos and Pintrest. Bella Naija keeps me in the loop on the trending fashion in Nigeria and the other blogs and people keep me updated on the more westernized fashion trends.

 Funmi Shittu: How do you market Puksies wardrobe? How are people aware of your brand?

Isoken (PW): Currently most of the marketing is done via social media, like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. These avenues have really helped to create a lot of exposure for the brand, but come 2015 I am looking at showcasing at well-known fashion shows, as well as having my own fashion show to help push the brand even more.

Funmi Shittu: Where do you see Puksies in the next year? In the next five years? The next ten years?

Isoken (PW): Within the next year, I see Puksies wardrobe being a brand that is more widely recognized and known around the world. I am looking to launch a Men’s collection sometime next year which I am super excited about because our men now get to have easy access to purchase their traditional attires online. Within the next 5 to 10 years, my ultimate goal is to make Puksies wardrobe a global online fashion and beauty retailer that will also sell other Nigerian brands.

Funmi Shittu: How has technology, such as YT, FB and IG impacted the success of Puksies?

Isoken (PW): Technology has played a huge role in the success of Puksieswardrobe and it has helped create a lot of exposure and market for the brand both domestically and internationally.

Funmi Shittu: Where you from a family that run a business and how did that impact your career in running Puksies wardrobe?

Isoken (PuksiesWardrobe): Being from a family that has a business background has had a great impact on the overall success of puksies wardrobe. My parents have been in the textile business for over 30 years, and growing up in that environment gave me a lot of exposure into the ins and outs of running a business. That background provided me with a guideline on how to handle my own business when I decided to establish it, as well as a mentor to fall back to whenever I faced hardships.

Funmi Shittu: Does Puksies have a stated mission statement, the reason that its success?

Isoken (PW): The mission statement that embodies what puksies wardrobe is and hopes to be in the near future is currently being worked on.

Funmi Shittu: On a day to day basis, what keeps you excited and hungry for?

Isoken (PW): What keeps me excited and motivated are the gorgeous pictures of my clients in my clothing and the good feedback I get when a client is happy with the item they purchased.

Funmi Shittu: What are your encouragements to young people like you that wants to be a fashion stylist? Or someone who wants to own their own brand?


Isoken (PW): My advice to young enthusiast looking to become a fashion stylist or own their own brand in the future, is to make sure to surround yourself with people that support and believe in your dream and what you do. Realize that being an entrepreneur requires you to give 200% of your devotion and time, because you have to work twice as hard as you would if you were working for someone else, so prepare yourself for the journey ahead. Note that in order to make money, you have to spend money, and most importantly put God as the head of your business or career because with him all things are possible and the sky will be your limit.

Funmi Shittu: God is certainly the ultimate, thank you and I look forward to more designs from you and I am very proud of you!



















Isoken PW: Same here, it is a pleasure to be featured on your blog.



About Isoken Asemota

Instagram @verygoodbadgirl
Instagram @Puksieswardrobe
Facebook Page: Puksies Wardrobe
puksieswardrobe.bigcartel.com


3 comments:

  1. Isoken you are a beauty. Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice am a fan of her makeup. Nice to know how she started. I hope to be makeup artist one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Isoken. More grace to you. Xx

    ReplyDelete