Pages

Saturday 29 November 2014

Celeb Hub: Exclusive Interview with Nollywood Rising Actress ‘Oge Indiana’


Joining me on the celeb hub is the young and beautiful actress Oge Indiana. She is intelligent, gifted and an inspiration. She graduated from the University of Benin and studied theatre art and she is one to watch out for in the Nollywood scene. She currently landed her first major role in the movie ‘The Antique’ alongside starring the veteran actor ‘Olu Jacobs’ and also Nollywood actress ‘Bimbo Akintola’ among many other brilliant actors.

Funmi Shittu: Who is Oge Indiana? Is that your real name?

Oge: My real name is Oge Onyeonwu but I chose Oge Indiana because of my profession. I am disciplined, fun loving and a hard working actress, dancer and model. Creativity is my style!


Funmi Shittu: I always love to ask people about their relationship with GOD! Do you have a close relationship with God and how does that shape your daily activities and your career altogether?

Oge: Yes I have a close relationship with God. I am a very spiritual person and get a lot of directions from God. In the world we live in and particularly in the industry we operate in, you need divine direction to do things right.

Funmi Shittu: That is amazing and I totally agree with you. What difference are you bringing into Nollywood being that there are so many faces and people striving to be part of the industry on a daily basis? What do you believe stands you out?

Oge: I approach my theatrical expressions with uncommon technique, by which I create a sonic identity by carving a niche for myself. Versatility is key in a saturated industry like ours.

Funmi Shittu: Do you have a mentor in the industry or someone you look up too?

Oge: At the moment I don’t have any mentor in the local industry, however Halle Berry and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan are my international influences.

Funmi Shittu: How many movies have you featured in and what projects are you currently working on?

Oge: I have featured in quite a number of movies including Street war, Treasure Island, range rover babes, lord of the underworld, The Audition and The Antique. I am currently working on some projects but due to a non-disclosure contract I will not mention the names for now.

Funmi: Which brings me to the next question, even though you are quite new in the industry, you landed your first major role in the movie called ‘The Antique’. Tell me about that and how did that happen? Also what were the challenges you faced in putting up a new character for the role?

Oge: I got the casting call and went for the audition, a lot of people went for the audition as well but as God will have it I was short-listed and today the rest is history. The fact that it was my first epic movie, it required a lot of period interpretation, which made it more challenging than the regular contemporary roles. However, as a professional I had to take up the challenge and administered the necessary techniques. I’m glad that it was a success.

Funmi: I will really love to know what it was like working with so many popular Nollywood faces and how was the experience for you?

Oge: It was an exciting experience and I had a few things I picked up from the experiences of the older actors.

Funmi Shittu: Tell me, is there a particular actor or actress you will love to act with?

Oge: I would like to act alongside Majid Michel, Hlomla Dandala and Genevieve Nnaji

Funmi Shittu: Oh yes, I absolutely love Genevieve, Majid's acting and Hlomla is an excellent actor too. How do you relax? What is your favourite food and are you into the healthy lifestyle?

Oge: I relax by going to the movies and basically outdoor activities that help me let off steam. I love natural products a lot whether its food, drinks or beauty.
I am a strong subscriber of what nature has to offer because the nature of my job requires a lot of physical requirement so it’s imperative to stay healthy.

Funmi Shittu: Being that you are a fast and rising actress, what advise can you give younger people coming up and those that want to land their first major role in the industry.

Oge: I will admonish them to be focused, work harder, pray harder and one day their dreams will become reality.

Funmi Shittu: It’s been nice chatting to you today Oge and I look forward to having you on my blog again. God bless you!


Oge: Thanks for having me too.




Find Oge

Instagram @ogeindiana
Twitter @Ogeindiana1
Facebook: Oge Indiana

4 comments:

  1. She's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely interview right here. Nice one Funmi.All the best in all you do Oge. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. You played your role at the antique quite good. Keep it up ! We are waiting for you.......well done

    ReplyDelete