Pages

Friday 21 November 2014

#Celeb-Hub: Exclusive Interview with Nollywood Star ‘AMANDA EBEYE’

Amanda Ebeye is an Actress in the third largest movie industry in the world. She is a Nollywood actress and has featured in lots of movies. I get a chance to chat with her about her career and what she is been up too.

Funmi: Hello Amanda, welcome to the ‘Celeb Hub’, Can I just say I am so proud of you and you inspire me greatly. You are quite young but clearly you are living your dream and you have accomplished a lot. Now tell me, what was growing up and childhood like for you?
                

Amanda: My childhood was a painful one because I come from a broken home. I grew up with my mother and she is everything to me.  My dad and my mum had unresolvable issues and after my father got married to another woman, my mother moved out of the house. This was a very difficult season for me and my dad refused to allow us see her. However, after completing my secondary school I told my Dad that I wanted to live with my mum.  I moved in with her in a tiny space that was smaller than a shop space. Looking back now I can remember she didn't even have a TV set back then, also she was very kind to a fault and she started life again in a mini shop where she used to make bridal dresses. From there she moved to a bigger shop. Now she has her own plaza and I admire her because of her resilience and her hard work. On the other hand my dad is a wealthy man and he provided for me and sent me to the best schools and paid all my bills. I have put all that behind me and I have a very good relationship with my dad now.
  
Funmi: Wow, I love the fact you have forgiven your father, which shows the kind of person you are, because people struggle with forgiveness alot no matter how holy they are and able to let go despite all that pain and struggle is a Christ like character in you.
Now knowing your background and being a Canadian citizen as well, I know you did not go into acting for the money like you said your father is wealthy. So why did you choose acting as a career or are you in it for the fame?

Amanda: I'll simply say passion drove me into acting, I've always loved to act, and I used to admire the beautiful actresses I saw on TV, the way they talked, the way they walked. And my dream was to be one so I went along that path.

Funmi: Who inspires you the most in the Industry?

Amanda: Genevieve Nnaji, Bimbo Akintola and Ego Boyo inspired me a lot

Funmi:  Oh I love Genevieve too, she is one of my favourite. So lets talk relationship, are you single or in a relationship with someone?

Amanda: Nop! I'm single

Funmi: Okay, what are the attributes you seek in a man eventually when you want to get married?

Amanda: He must be God fearing, he must love me, be good mannered, strong willed and a goal getter.

Funmi: As a young Christian single girl, what are the challenges you face in the industry?


Amanda: As a young Christian girl, trying to get the public to understand that your movies are not who you are is a major problem for most actresses. I play the part of a runs girl in movie does not make me a runs girl, I kiss in movies does not make me promiscuous. People tend to liken our jobs with our person and they look at us with those eyes and it's very wrong. I'm a Christian girl and I have values.

Funmi: I totally agree with you, we have leading Christian actors in Hollywood and their lifestyle proves it, one of them is Denzel Washington and he is such an admirable personality.

Can you remember how many movies you have featured in? lol

Amanda: LOL (laughs) no honestly it's very shameful that I've lost count.

Funmi: Hmmm, I bet you have lost count on the money as well. Matter of fact, I heard you recently signed a multi-millionaire modelling contract deal with Etisalat. How true is that?

Amanda: I have always been a model and I am glad working with Etisalat. The deal is worth it, I must confess. Many people are asking if I am now an ambassador of Etisalat, the answer is no. I have only been contracted to model for Etisalat, but if I am requested to be an Ambassador, I will not hesitate.

Funmi: So do you have any new movies coming out soon? And the names please so people can look out for them.

Amanda: Oh yeah, there is Devils contract, Tongue and Calabar cult. I'll like my fans to look out for them.

Funmi: Who is your favourite actor and who will you like to act with in Nollywood or who do you enjoy acting with?

Amanda: I'll like to play alongside Ramsey Nouah someday. That has not happened yet.
                               
 Funmi: What changes do you want to see take place in Nollywood.

Amanda: Nollywood is doing really good right now. Our technical part is really picking up, more improved cameras, better lighting and sound. Although I feel we still lack content, I'll love movie makers to pay attention to scripting. We need more Afrocentric scripts and not Tyler Perry because we’re not Americans, we are black, we are Nigerians and we need to promote our culture, we have a million stories untold. 

Funmi: What is your advice for anyone who is looking to venture into the Movie industry?

Amanda: My advice is that they should hold on. As my pastor will always say as long as you tie yourself to a particular thing, keep praying and God will bless it for you. In acting talent is small but humility, patience, understanding, being diplomatic in dealing with people is what takes us far. So just hold on, pray and never give up. It doesn't matter if you are short, tall, black, fat, or slim. As long as u never stop believing in yourself the sky is your stepping stone. 


Funmi: Wow food for thought, a perfect place to end this interview and it was lovely chatting to you on the ‘Celeb-Hub’ and I wish you well in all you do, keep shinning. God bless you!

Amanda: Thank you for having me, its a great pleasure and God bless you too.








Find Amanda On:
Intagram: @Amandaebeye
Twitter:@amandaebeye
Facebook:Amanda Ebeye




5 comments:

  1. Nice interview; she is beautiful I like her acting !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely interview. Stunning actress too. I wish her all the best with/in her career. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, lovely interview.not seen much of her movies but am sure i'll love it.She seems like she knows her onions and i like the comment about improving contents in the African way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's a good actress. Its good to read this interview.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah she always looks stunning. I have seen her in some of the movies, all the movies were awesome. Well dear I have just completed reading a post on christian actors that are listed as born-again christians. I really enjoyed reading about those great actors.

    ReplyDelete