Pages

Sunday 23 August 2015

A Letter to My Mother......


I know a lady who gave birth to 8 children, honestly speaking she is the strongest woman ever, and she goes for what she believes in. A successful business woman, an outstanding woman, a woman of prayer, she is supportive, very powerful, patient and so full of wisdom!

This woman am speaking about, her name should be in the dictionary as the definition of a virtuous woman and a woman of excellence. She protects her family just like a lioness. Everything about her is worthy, a friend indeed to many and a backbone to her family and a force to reckon with. She is a mother to a Nurse, A mother to a Lawyer, A mother to an Accountant and a mother to intelligent children in every aspect. She is not just a mother but a grandmother of 11grandchildren! What an honour to speak about you!

This woman is my mother, my friend, my prayer warrior and the wife of Alhaji, Col Abubakar Shittu. I remember her making sure we wore the best clothes during our growing up. She would make us stand out anywhere we appear. She made sure we attended the best schools, have the best toys and of cause ate the BEST foods. (Laughs)

A few of the Shittu Girls......
Her life and character thought me how to accept the principle and life’s stages of endurance, a very patient woman at that. She taught me the true meaning of marriage, growing up I always admired how she respected, adored and loved my dad. I am so proud to say I have never seen her disrespect my father and that has always stuck in my memory.

She is a woman of vision and her trust in God is second to none than anyone I have ever known. My mother’s believe in God is so inspiring and because of that I have learnt to trust God no matter the circumstances.

Today mum, we celebrate your life, we celebrate your greatness, we celebrate your worth and all that you are and stand for. Your love for your children is amazing, we will always love you.
May God give you a long life to benefit from all your labour of love, suffering and constant help you have given your family not just your children.

Today Mother we hope you have an amazing birthday.

God bless your new age!

1 comment: